© 2019 I Am Valuable Mentoring Program, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Who We Are
I Am Valuable Mentoring Program is a growing non-profit organization that engages girls between the ages of 11 to 18 in various learning experiences dedicated to helping them live healthier, productive lives, furnishing each participant with the tools to develop into strong young women.
Mission & Vision
I Am Valuable Mentoring Program seeks to foster the advancement of young girls by equipping them with the tools to make positive life choices, while developing a strong sense of self.
We envision changing the world one young girl at a time.
To Become an IAV Mentee is E A S Y! You only have a few qualifications to meet:
AND so much more! We don't have enough website space to share with you how much FUN and how worth your precious time this will be!
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Program Year
A mentor is an individual who positively impacts someone’s life. A trusted person, who is caring and provides positive solutions and support. As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to provide your mentee with experiences that are outside their daily routine and environment. Furthermore, you will become familiar with your mentee's goals as far as they desire to get out of the program and these goals will be used to cultivate a strong mentor/mentee relationship.
• Active listener
• Flexible, open, and approachable
• Dependable and enthusiastic
• Possess a nonjudgmental attitude
• Resourceful and able to support their mentee as they strive toward their personal, educational, and/or career goals.
• Make a commitment of a minimum of 12 months to mentoring an I Am Valuable Mentoring Program mentee.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Meet in-person with mentee for four (2) hours per month. Additional contact each month by phone or e-mail is also allowed, as needed.
• Participate in quarterly service or group mentoring activities.
• Partner with Mentor Program Coordinator to identify and recommend additional resources to aid in mentee’s growth and development.
• Attend program ceremonies, including a matching ceremony and year-end at the end of the program year.
• Provide all needed data for program evaluation.
Mentor Eligibility Requirements
• Must be 21 or older
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Must be willing to complete a criminal and drug background screening
• Guide young women towards achieving their education and career goals, while gaining a new friend.
• Experience the fulfillment of watching an I Am Valuable Mentoring Program mentee grow, develop skill, and gain confidence.
• Enhance growth by modeling good values and judgment.
• Become a part of a new network of change agents.
• Learn more about your community and its diversity and its future
Interested in being a mentor? Click on the email button above to request information. We will schedule a meeting to answer all questions and begin the screening process.
We are now accepting mentor applications for the 2019 Program Year
Contact us anytime at PO Box 1217, Leesburg, VA 20176.
Available Monday through Friday 9am - 6pm EST
In this season and in this generation, we are losing our young children to suicide for reasons far deeper than mental illness. We are beginning with young girls because societal pressures have created standards for how they live, look, speak, and seek that are impossible to live up to. This program teaches them to recognize that they are valuable, and they have a purpose. Now is the time because we must save our kids. We must provide them with creative and innovative outlets to express themselves. Participants will go on a variety of field trips, outings, and they will be exposed to art, culture, music and experiences that will serve as a creative outlet as well. Participants will receive meaningful and thoughtful gifts that support their individual growth and progress.
The 2019-2020 school year is kicking off and we want to help our educators and students as much as we can. IAV is collecting school supplies for teachers and students through August 31st.
If you’re within 20 miles of Leesburg, we will come to you and pick up donations, you can mail them to P.O. Box 1217, Leesburg, VA 20176 and if it is easier to provide a monetary donation for us to buy supplies, we take those too, our Cashapp is $FHWLLC.
A newsletter with more information is coming soon – haven’t subscribed? You really should 😊 😊 – Thank you for helping us do more outreach by reaching out!